Know Before You Go
This pass is valid for one parking space at Falling Branch/Kilgore Falls during the selected time period. There is no entrance fee.
The address for the parking lot is:
1026 Falling Branch Road
Pylesville, MD 21132
- From April to October, the parking lot opens daily at 8 A.M. The park closes at sunset.
- A single-track 1/2-mile trail leads from the parking lot to the falls. The trail is not handicapped-accessible, and it is not appropriate for wheelchairs, baby strollers or large coolers.
- This is not a designated swimming area. Swimming and wading are permitted although not encouraged. Swim at your own risk and monitor your children closely. Do not jump from the falls as serious injuries have occurred.
- Pets are allowed at Falling Branch but must be leashed at all times.
- Alcohol, fires, grills and glass bottles are not permitted. If you would like to picnic, we encourage you to visit a picnic area in Rocks State Park.
- There are no restrooms in the immediate area of the falls. Please use the portable restroom in the parking lot. Do not leave human waste in the vicinity of the falls.
- Buses are not permitted in the parking lot. The maximum vehicle size is a 15-passenger van.
- Maryland State Parks are Trash Free. Please take all trash home with you when you leave.
Passes are not transferable. If your plans change and you are unable to visit the park on the reserved day, please use our self-service Cancel Pass feature found in your confirmation email. Simply click the link and follow the instructions to cancel. This makes the pass available for others to enjoy the park.
Call toll-free in Maryland at 1-877-620-8DNR (8367)
Out of State: 410-260-8DNR (8367)